src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, August 08, 2005

To: My Brothers in "the hood" and elsewhere

From: Sid Re: 'Do rags, etc. Message: Take them damn draws off ya heads. While you're at it, let's try a little variety in the fashion department. All these big-ass white tees and baggy jeans just look triflin'. I mean, I'd be happy even if you changed up the tee-shirt color, you know, to look less like a walking blank billboard. (Am I the only one who sees a man in a giant white shirt who thinks "blank canvas" and has to fight the urge to tag him with my initials?) Sigh. Nevermind. Considering how I've looked at work the last few weeks, who am I to complain?

7 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 01:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i had no idea that the urban man dress (oversized throwback jerseys and white tees) phenomenon was nationwide.

 
At 8/08/2005 09:15:00 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I'm with negromatic, I didn't know it was nationwide either.

I thought it odd that my son had gone from his usual "Hot Topics" type clothing to jeans and white tee shirts.

 
At 8/08/2005 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Fresh said...

that is so funny...I had the same convo with myself yesterday as I was walking to the store and saw a group of "white tees" standing in front of a building. Lawwwdy!

 
At 8/08/2005 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cracks me up....draws on the head. And yes, I want to tag those white tees myself. It is such a horrible look.

Nothing worse that seeing a man who might wear a size 32 pair of jeans in a 4X shirt...how absurd.

 
At 8/08/2005 03:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. It's nationwide...THANK YOU -- Jay Z, MTV, VH1, BET and every other rapper out there!

My son (thank goodness) has now switched to black tees. Not sure what started that one but THANK YOU!!!!

As for the dorags...well my son did those too for a little bit but he's at teen it's expected. My BF wears a stocking cap on his head but it's cause he has dreads and when we go out he gets his hair did up really nice. I like the cap it's sexxay! *wincing at dirty looks from sid*

 
At 8/08/2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

*sigh* And these are the same men who want their girlfriends/wives/whatevers to look like fashion models. Fuck, if I have to wear some color and shove my clodhoppers into heels, he's gotta wear something with buttons.

 
At 8/09/2005 04:00:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I'm so tired of that looks, it's just emblematic of the complete lack of style and originality in mainstream hip-hop culture.

And also why I am single.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home