src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, September 12, 2005

$200 million?

Now, generally, I try to avoid lotto madness. I come from a long line of colored folk who live, swear and bet by that little green dream book, who can look at a license plate, pick out three or four digits, and tell you who's name/birthday/dead dog's manner of death correlates to said digits according to said dream book, who play numbers--a lot of them, not just one or two--every day, twice a day. So I don't much like the lottery.* My people'd be a whole lot richer without it. But damn. See, this is my exception. I'll play if the pot gets over $50 million, if I remember to play. (What? It is in my blood.) And my li'l--okay, not-so-li'l--colored behind is not forgetting to play this right shyeah. One more reason to hate New York, though: these bastids take more money in taxes than any other state in which you can play the game, meaning you get less in New York than anywhere else. WTF? Curse you, New York! You're already the most expensive goddamned place in the country! Cut folks some slack, damn! *Okay, except for when I visit said relatives and play those scratchy card. Once I got $27! Woot!

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 11:31:00 AM, Blogger divine m said...

Inspired by you, darling, I bought two quickpicks today from a cute boy at the gas station.

"Good luck," he said with a wink.

I'm hoping for charmed. Especially to offset the crabbyness of my day so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home