src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Breakfast on Pluto

So, I haven't quite readjusted to this part-time salary, obviously. I was doing my budget for the next two weeks and things look fairly bleak. So I thought about all the crap I've bought over the last two, and I am beginning to get all worried about poverty and doom, and am generally embarrassed at my utter lack of control over Puma spending. Dammit. But I'm keeping those Pumas. I have to, I've already worn them all over creation. Ahem. One of the things I did buy that I can get rid of, though, is my $30 ticket to the Sunday showing of Neil Jordan's film Breakfast on Pluto. It's the centerpiece of the New York Film Festival. It's Cillian Murphy--get this--as an IRISH transvestite in the '60s and '70s. God help me, you KNOW I REALLY want to see this movie, but for $30? I can wait until it comes to one of the little indie theaters in November. Sigh. So, if you want the ticket, and want to give me $30 for it, email me. Y'all get first dibs. I did post this on Craigslist, too, though, so I dunno how long I'll have it. I think the show is already sold out. The Saturday showing certainly was. Of course, the Saturday showing will also have the cast and Jordan there. And if nobody wants it? Well, then I guess that'll just be fate and I'll have to see it, won't I? I am so sad. Maybe I'll just sell all my CDs, instead... Oh wait! I wonder when I'll be getting my gym attendance reimbursement from my health insurance folks... The thing is, I'm not actually broke. I've just chosen this inopportune moment to treat my savings account as, you know, a place to save money, as opposed to an extension of my checking account. And I'm obsessed with paying my credit charges off in full every month, after some minor idiocy in my youth, so I'm so not living off credit for the next two weeks. Meh. I will not touch my savings, I will not touch my savings, I will not touch my savings....

7 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I admire your fiscal responsibility! And while "Breakfast on Pluto" sounds like a must see, there is no way I personally could justify spending $30 for a movie... unless....wait... is Cillian Murphy gonna be there? Because then, maybe I could.

Sorry, I'm not helping.

 
At 9/28/2005 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

See, the thing is, Cillian Murphy is supposed to be at the showing the night before, which was all sold out when I got to the box office. And yet the tickets cost the same whether the cast is there or not. I mean, I might as well just sell this ticket and try to stalk the cast after I get off work Saturday night. But what if they choose to show up at the sunday show just for fun? Eh? I know, unlikely. Gr. sadness. M thinks I should check the pubs on saturday night, becuase they'll all probably just fuck off to a pub while the movie is showing, anyway, lol!

 
At 9/28/2005 02:23:00 PM, Blogger Msnhim said...

I completely understand where your coming from ( I have a SMALL addiction to shoes) But yes I am with you on this... I must give my savings account a break!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

 
At 9/28/2005 04:47:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

Oh for fuck's sake! You didn't tell me it's based on a McCabe novel and Gavin Friday's in it, too! That's Gavin Friday as in glam rock cum cabaret lounge singer whose show I saw in Dallas ten years ago became a one-act play I wrote, also Gavin Friday who is Bono's best friend Gavin Friday. You just never know what you'll run into when you start looking for and hanging around Dubliners.

Shit, I'd pay you double for that ticket if I could get my ass to NYC.

So there.

Go to the show, hit the pubs before and after and call it money well spent--regardless of the well its drawn from. At least that's what I'd do . . . and keep my eyes peeled for Bonoman all the while. . . .

 
At 9/28/2005 05:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i just took the post down. i'm gonna watch the dang movie. because i rechecked the film fest web site and it just said cast, etc. expected to be in attendance, but didn't say which day, so maybe both. also, the more i read the little synopses of this filum, the more in lurve with the idea of seeing it rightfuckingnow i get.

sid

 
At 9/29/2005 10:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to catch the premiere in Toronto and all I have to say is ... GO. It's an amazing movie, definitely Cillian Murphy's best performance. They did an introduction of director and cast before the movie as well as a Q & A after ... highly entertaining! Bono was not very fan-friendly but Neil Jordan and Cillian were willing to sign autographs, and Cillian had his picture taken with a fan. (Not me, unfortunately!)

 
At 10/01/2005 04:58:00 PM, Blogger Mahogany Elle said...

I agree... my "electric pumpkin" pumas are a staple... Don't feel bad at all :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home