src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, September 19, 2005

OH MY GOD! AGAIN!

So, I just figured out how to work the "On Demand" feature on my boob tube. (Don't laugh. I only watch television about 2 hours a week, tops. Seriously.) I figured it out because I ran out of Netflix and interesting reads, turned on the TV, flipped around and discovered I get BBC America On Demand. High class, bitches. And what's on BBC America On Demand? Fourth season of Monarch of the Glen, that's what. What, not impressed? Well, only the first three seasons are out on DVD, okay? Yeesh. So I started to watch it. Mind you, I haven't watched the third and final disc of season three, yet (see Netflix, "ran out"). And OH MY GOD! Hector is DEAD?!?! Archie and Lexi are ENGAGED?!?! What! The! Fuck! How could they kill Hector off? AND WHAT ABOUT KATRINA? They could not have been serious when they sent her to London to work in politics, and think we'd believe that was the end of her and Archie. Pshaw. Is this "the change" that the anonymous I assumed to be Ding was talking about? Holy crap! Sad. Also, here are a few reasons to wish you were at my house right now, you know, aside from the opportunity to engage in witty repartee with your host and/or watch all the "On Demand" stations: 1. First stilton soup of the season, now with hextra deliciousness, courtesy of my return to carnivory, served with 2. Prosciutto and raclette on rosemary bread, toasted, followed by 3. homemade lemon-blackberry shortbread wheels Yurm. Wondering what I could possibly have done last week that I was so goddamned excited about that I would write for three hours? I learned to shoot. I know, very unliberal of me.

6 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the high class siddityism has reached a new level! Good lawd!

 
At 9/19/2005 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Dude, there's nothing wrong with knowing how to shoot. I'm pretty gothy liberal (to quote a coworker) and I like knowing how to fire a gun. What kind did you shoot?

 
At 9/20/2005 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Delia Christina said...

i'm a flaming feminist liberal and i'm glad i can put nine rounds all in a nice group in the middle of a target's chest.

(i even taped it to the back of my office door when i conducted office hours at my university. heh. rule by fear! rule by fear!)

 
At 9/20/2005 10:25:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

That's pretty cool, Sid! When are you going to regale us with your adventures?

 
At 9/20/2005 02:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the "big change" anonymous -- and no, that's not what I was referring to.

Let me just say that the change was enough for me to stop watching. You'll get to it!

 
At 9/20/2005 06:36:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

photos, please! I wanna see soup and cookies--there has been a dearth of food photos lately. . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home