src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, September 16, 2005

I seethe with rage.

Just so you know, I had spent the last 3.5 hours writing a really good post of magazine-publishable quality about my activities today, when Explorer sent me one of those irritating "we have encountered a problem and need to immediately close" messages, fucking me all to hell and erasing said post forever. What's that, you say? What about Blogger's "recover post" feature? Oh, yes, splendid idea! I've been working on it so lone, there must be a good bit saved! Ha. First 10 sentences. That's it. That's all blogger saved in 3.5 hours. Of course, the only window that froze was the one I was writing the article in. So I had time to write this little post. Or did I? Nope, nope, because the first time I wrote this, as I was finishing it, with literally the punctuation of the final sentence (which was, I believe, "I'm going to go curl up in a corner and weep.") left to go, it, too, went *poof* I'm so motherfucking pissed right now. I'm going the fuck to bed. FUCK!

6 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 11:18:00 AM, Blogger My-Conscience said...

Damn, sid... next time type in word and save as you go and when done, cut and paste...

 
At 9/16/2005 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotten in the habit of saving as draft when I type long posts since that is the most frustrating feeling. The same thing happened to me the other week.

 
At 9/16/2005 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Msnhim said...

3 lines and Save. 3 lines and save... thats my motto when blogging.LOL

 
At 9/16/2005 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

I'm about fed up with blogger also. The lost posts, freezing up and that nice little "snitch button" for objectionable content, and I can't even be found if you try to search me on the homepage. I'm following Will and moving to Blogsome.

 
At 9/16/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

The only way I've noticed Wordpress losing posts is when you click on the "edit post" link by the title. I always use the log in link and I've never lost one. Trust me, this information will prove useful if/when you move to Blogsome. Do it now while I'm still updating links every other day. ;)

 
At 9/17/2005 08:38:00 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said...

I see there's no need for me to give you advice as I think you've already received more than you need. I'll just say that, I feel your pain. That's why I keep mine short, sweet and to the point (I guess I gave advice anyway, oh well). Hopefully you're weekend will make you forget about what happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home