src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Welp, cain't say much is happnin' round these parts.

I am in a blog slump. Here's why: I've been alternately working my ass off and visiting family. Which means I ain't done shit in the last few weeks anybody else'd care about. Also, I've devoted my free time of late to watching the entire first three seasons of this show. I love it. Love. Why can't we get good, wholesome entertainment like this in this country, eh? Eh? Said slump may or may not resolve itself in the near future. Here's why: 1. I just got a new roommate. So far, so good. Funnily enough, having someone else move in--shoving my stuff aside, cleaning, rearranging--has made me realize just how much of a settled life, such as it is, I've developed in this godforsaken town. No longer can I cling to the fantasy that I could up and move at the drop of a hat. A year means acquisition of a lot of shit, apparently. Lordhamercy. 2. For sake of my soul and general mental hygiene, I've cut back to half time at the place (hence, roomie), effective today. Wheeeeeeeee! This means, however, less money. And I don't care how cheery and starry-eyed I sounded about that last summer; designing my entire life around how to entertain myself for free sucks donkey stones. So I'm looking for a new part-time gig. One which, God willing, pays as much as my current gig, returning me to my former well-kept splendor, without any of the nasty six-day work-week side-effects. So today, as I have the day off, completely, as part of said new schedule, I can choose one of two paths: child path--watch three movies, back-to-back, breaking only to get cheezy pretzels, Twizzlers and Slurpees from the snack counter and to make peepee; or adult path--haul my ass and laptop to the local Starchucks, work on this damned video script (again. God help me, I'm not even making enough off this to cover my expenses to do it, at this point), do some phone interviews with the folks in the video, go to the gym, and then, if I am still alert and the hour is decent, go to a movie and see Red Eye. What? That Cillian Murphy is a pretty lass. So, unless you want to read more posts like the ladybug bit...tune in Thursday night, when my life will have gotten moderately more interesting.

7 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

*Sid, raising skirt and squatting over anon's comment, letting flow a steamy trickle of contempt*

Aaaaaaaand that's what I think of your spamalicious commentary. And your little dog, too.

 
At 9/13/2005 04:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all... ROFLMAO you're soooo out of control. Is that his name??? Hmm... well at this point he will be nothing but the Scarecrow to me forever... but there is something scarily cute about hime though... oh and we MUST talk, so please call me post haste!!! *snapping fingers* I don't have your number... but email me. Xquizzyt1@gmail.com

 
At 9/13/2005 05:30:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

That's alright! You don't always have to be doing something to have a reason to blog. It's not about the story, it's how you tell it! At least that's what I tell mself when I blog.

Man, I still have to see Red Eye. I need some pretty man-candy to ogle, I've been sorely lacking.

 
At 9/13/2005 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

dammit! I visited that acursed little puppy site...and it was rather cute.

STILL. I HATE SPAM!

 
At 9/14/2005 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I sincerely hope your roommate works out better than mine did! :)

I saw RedEye and I'm not ashamed to admit that Cillian Murphy was the only reason why. He's fun to look at, isn't he? Did you see 28 Days Later? Even with the apocalypse, he still looked good!!! :)

 
At 9/14/2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Stolie--did I see 28 days later? Woman, I decided to buy it 'bout 10 minutes in, right after he woke up in that hospital alone, half shaved and nekkid. I'm a perv, what can I say? But yes he is adorable!

Bobbie--I know, I know. I even sometimes think I should be ashamed of myself for liking such shows. I mean, why do't I just start watching Walker, Texas Ranger here and be done? But nope. I think it's in the accents...

 
At 9/14/2005 01:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too like Monarch of the Glen, but not after the change -- which I won't spoil.

I also like As Time Goes By and the Vicar of Dibley, which are shown on PBS here in Chicago, collectively called "The Old People Shows" in my household.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home