src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oh, now y'all in a hurry?

Okay, so remember waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when I was supposed to be writing a quick script for a video? Waaaaaaaaaay back in, like, July, when I took the assignment, having been told it was needed in two weeks? That it would be really easy, quick money? Waaaaaaaaaay back, when, after being told it would need to be ready in two weeks, nobody was telling me shit and the video wasn't even close to done enough for me to watch? Let alone script? Waaaaaaaaaay back when I took the finally-posted draft of the thing, gave myself a deadline, and wrote the damned script, only to discover they weren't happy with it and decided to recut it? In August? How about when they recut it again in early September? When I swore I wasn't doing shit else on it or worrying about that bitch, that I have have not yet been paid for, and would only be making a very low three figures on it anyway (if I were to ever be paid, which is a dubious prospect, it seems, considering how long it's taking these mofos to finish the video, damn), until those muhfuggas settled on a damn cut so I wouldn't be wasting my precious goddamn time and money, cabbing up to interview folks and connecting at Starbucks, on some shit that would only have to be redone a week later? Okay, how about these muhfuggas finally put up a cut last Friday, the last goddamned day of September (when I was supposed to be done with alladis in August, did I mention that?) that might--I said might--be the last one, and now they're all, "How's the script? Can we have it tomorrow?" *stomping, waving hands, falling down dead* *eyeroll* Sure, y'all can have it tomorrow. Y'all can have the same shit I did two months ago, with all the same parts shuffled around into the new spots. The only reason I haven't washed my hands of this already is that the organization that commissioned the video is one I respect, and it'd be nice to have some more writing credits under my belt. Goddamnit. I really need to become a hermit.

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 12:42:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

. . . or perhaps you could just learn from this to negotiate an actual contract with bona fide paramaters before you accept another writing gig. In other words, draw some damn boundaries, woman, and hold everyone (including yourself) to them.

'Course, becoming a hermit might be easier. Less satisfying, though.

 
At 10/05/2005 11:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... no hermitting (that's sooo a verb now... LOL) for you!!! I mean this is YOU!!! Sid, the GREAT... Sid, MY IDOL!!! Sid, the woman I hope to aspire to be like one day!!! *sigh* Girl all this is is a lessoon. That's all. Just a free lesson (wellll maybe it cost you s little bit of time...*ahem* and work, but a lesson!!! That's all... now, the question is, what have you learned??? =))) *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home