src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Saturday Can Bite Me, or, Goddamn, I Need a Drink

First of all, I've lost $20. It fell out of my pocket somewhere. Losing $20 sucks sucks in general, but it's hextra salt and lemon the wound when just the day before, you've gotten into a cab that a distracted couple was getting out of, spotted the $40 they'd dropped on the floor of the cab, and gave it back. Goddamnit! Where's my good money karma? Second of all, since my bank was taken over by a larger bank, there seems to have been a change in policy regarding what one is told one's balance is. My old bank, if I checked the balance, would tell me what was available after all holds and transactions. My new megabank gives you a balance that doesn't account for holds. This is a problem, because a) I'm not used to that shit and b) sometimes, shit I've bought on Tuesday, though posted, doesn't actually go through until, like, the following week. Oh, and c) those bitches don't tell you shit. Like, rather than, say, having your card declined for insufficient funds--thus alerting you (and by you, I mean me) to the fact that your spendy ass needs to go ahead and make that transfer from savings to checking--they'll put the transaction through, then charge you a penalty for being overdrawn. So, yeah, my bank posted a transaction, which looked complete to me, didn't withdraw the money until a week later, and then"allowed" me to overdraw $5. Five goddamned dollars. And then they billed me $30 for the privilege. Say the fuck what? So, it's like I've actually lost $50 this week. That's 2/3 of a pair of Pumas, goddamnit! *banging head on brick reserved solely for that purpose*

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2005 07:04:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

Losing cash, that always sucks. I lost $20 this weekend too, but I've been so tired I haven't had time to properly react to the loss. Maybe after I get a good night's sleep I will be more upset with myself.

 
At 10/03/2005 01:40:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

You're a bigger woman than I because I wouldn't have given that cash back unless they could prove it was theirs on the floor of the cab. Like, I'd have had them recite the serial numbers or some shit. Heh. I hate losing money. >:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home