src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Paralyzed by indecision

Okay. I need to get to D.C. on Friday, returning Sunday. My new part-time budget means I can only take a train one way (since these crazy bitches charge anywhere from $100-$200 to travel between NYC and D.C. one way, pfft., so round trip on the choo-choo express could theoretically set me back, like, $300, and hells no, I'm not paying that for a train.). The other direction will be via the Ghetto Deathtrap Express, the China Town bus. My question is, which trip should I take the train? Going to D.C., since at least that way I won't have to deal with Friday night rush hour traffic, or coming from, since, well, by the end of the weekend I might just not feel like sitting on the GDE for four (and by four, I mean six) hours? If I were really feeling crazy, I could just cough up an extra $25 and take the train both ways, because, see, I have Transit Cheks, that pre-tax metro-card money through my job, which can be used on Amtrak regional service, and I have, like, five stored up, so I would really only have to pay a little extra to get the luxury of the train both ways. I'd just have to shell out cash out-of-pocket for my metrocards over the next few weeks. But, um, since we are talking cash out of pocket anyway, maybe it is worthwhile? I have no idea why this is such a huge dilemma right now. For fuck's sake, it hardly matters... Good thing I'm finally about to get my shrink on. Damn.

4 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 03:39:00 PM, Blogger Msnhim said...

I say put up the extra 25 bucks if you think you can afford it. I hate taking the train but I hate taking the bus a WHOLE lot more. Good Luck!

 
At 10/26/2005 06:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agreee with msnhim. $25 is worth saving the hassle/stress of that trip.

 
At 10/26/2005 07:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree....pay the extra 25 bucks, it's not too much anyway. Just so you can be safe! :)

 
At 10/27/2005 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

take the train. it's so much better than the bus and worth it. and i'm lazy... and the train stops within union station. fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home