src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Soon, my babies, we will be parted.

But only for a leetle whiles! Because in a few hours, I'm taking my ass to San Francisco, and I plan to have a real, real good time while I'm there. Which means no bloggies (as if you care). And then next week you'll get to read all about it in SOS, BNC. I'm sure I'll post 50-11 times tonight while I am repacking the bag I packed last Friday, but let us pretend this will be my last post for a week, shall we? I'll cram in a bunch of random postiliciousness right now: Memetastic! Last album bought: Weezer, Weezer. Last song listened to: Undone (The Sweater Song), Weezer. Last CD failed to mail because I lost it in a pile of stuff, no wait, there it is, Keidra it really is coming: M.I.A., Arular. Fiddy Words! San Francisco means fog! Fog! Oh god, I forgot about fog! Fog means moisture! Moisture means frizz! Shit, I'm having my hair blown out before this trip. I'll have to spend the whole week in a head scarf, trying to pretend I'm doing it because I'm chill, low-maintenance. Damnit. Haiku Hatshepsut, oh queen I'll see you at the de Young unless I get lost. Death by Sexy 3.0! Rome. When Dr. P. was here, we were faced with a monumental decision: Go try to eyeball Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix at the opening of Walk the Line at the Beacon, a few blocks from me, or sit around watching the first ten episodes of Rome on demand at my place. Dr. P. voted for Rome. Like, all ten eposides, in that one night. It's that good. I mean, I'm really not sure it was the rightright choice, because that means I missed eyeballing this up close, but Dr. P. was a guest. Damnit. Bitch-in-Kitch 43: Get your holiday drank on! 6 sweet apples, peeled, cored and chopped (Gala, Macoun, whatever, your favorite apple recommended) 9 oz. vodka cinnamon (powdered) ginger (powdered) ice (if you like) Mash the hell out of chopped apples in a large mixing bowl. Pour vodka over apples and let stand, covered, 3 hours. Strain apple-vodka liquid infusion into a container (using either a proper drank strainer or an ass of cheesecloth) and chill. Fill ice-cube trays with vodka-soaked apple mash and freeze. If you can. Freeze-ish. This should work. Serve infusion in martini glass, garnished with apple-boozecicle cubes and a sprinkle of cinnamon and powdered ginger (go easy on the ginger, mmkay?). Get crazy, add vanilla extract (technically booze) and call it an apple-pie-and-ice-cream -tini. Or whatever. Serves 6. Or three tipplers. Or two drunkards. You get the idea. Um...thassit. Laters.

11 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Oh, I love San Francisco!! I'm sure that you're going to have a great time. Post pictures for us when you get back to NYC.

 
At 11/22/2005 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hmmm Joaquin.... Have a great time on your trip, sweetie! Ride the BART underwater for me.

 
At 11/22/2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Weee! Love that recipe. And thanks in advance for the CD. Is there anything you'd like from my library?

 
At 11/22/2005 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Bring me a loaf of sour dough please :-)

 
At 11/22/2005 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Have fun! SF is gorgeous. Go check out the Pier and the sea lions. It's awesome!

 
At 11/22/2005 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Greg Beck said...

I will miss you so much!!!!!!! what wull I do whilst you're gone?????? nevermind I'll just go cry myself to sleep.

 
At 11/22/2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

I will drink the upper-apple-tini every day in your honor...whilst thinking of Mr. Phoenix AND Mr. Gaiman!

 
At 11/23/2005 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Fresh said...

Don't forget to get a slice from Blondie's Pizza and check out Todd Kelley's Wife's shop. She sells some yummy looking Mystipies: http://www.mystipied.com/menu.htm

 
At 11/23/2005 09:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Gobble Gobble Day!

 
At 11/25/2005 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a sucker for a good vodka mix. hope you are having fun in SF!

 
At 11/29/2005 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

more please...*hiccup*

need more vodka recipes please....

*feeling hot and flushed*

just one or two more

*is the room suppose to be twirling like this?*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home