src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Joy of joys, Restaurant Week is coming!

Why did my friend in D.C. know about New York Restaurant Week before I did? Why is Restaurant Week two weeks long? Why does it matter? Great restaurants featuring $24.07 prix fixe lunches and $35 dinners!* It's a great excuse to treat yourself to fine dining in the middle of the week. *Weekdays only, I believe. Speaking of cheap+eats, is it wrong not to tip the grocery store delivery guy if I've already paid a $5 delivery charge? Usually I tip well for everything, but damn, once grocery delivery and tip are tallied, I could cab it home for less.

5 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

thank goodness they built a half-way decent grocery near me...I remember those days of travelling for groceries and paying for delivery.

 
At 1/19/2006 09:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say tip at your discretion using the following model:

1) is he cute?
2) did he get the eggs and bread there safetly?

If you can answer "yes" to both questions, then yes, tip.

 
At 1/20/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Oooooh! When does it start?

 
At 1/20/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

I think next monday, Jan. 23. I know, it's the best, ain't it?

 
At 1/20/2006 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Mahogany Elle said...

No, it's not wrong atal, I say! I use Fresh Direct tout le temps, and I'll be a monkey's uncle, if I were to shell out a tip on top of the charge they already bill me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home