src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, January 13, 2006

Long goodbyes.

I'm ready to leave New York. That doesn't mean I won't miss it when I go. I'll miss nights in New York, nights like last night--clear and warm despite the fact that it's January. And the lights... (Did I mention I took these shots with Angus? In the dark? Like, at night? I realize that these shots are crap in terms of artistry and composition, but they're roughly 97.499 times better than the shots in my V300. Bless you, megapixels of life! I love this friggin' phone.) I think I'm going to try to post a few shots per week of New Yorkishness that makes me happy. I'll try to do better with that whole quality issue. Another thing I'll miss about this town? The eats. Chicago better have this: It is the best store-bought hummus ever. *** In other non-news, I have to say a big "Nuh-UHN!" to this movie. I love Bollywood, but fucking Oldboy? There had better not be any extra singing and dancing. I swear to god, that would be soso wrong. This is equally horrifulizing. The teaser tagline for Bollywood's Fight Club: 'Everyone has their issues … but it can be sorted out. Welcome to Fight Club'. Don't even get me started on the mutilated phrasing. What kind of bitch-ass line is that? Seriously! Shameful. I am so begging Dr. P to bring me bootlegs of these when he returns to the States. Bollywood news courtesy of these guys, who deserve special mention and a linky-link for gifting the Internets with a holiday music compilation project called Dreidle 2 the Grave. Scroll all the way down.

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 06:48:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Sid...never you fear, I know of THE BEST store for hummus, fresh pita, fresh pastries, bulk lentels, etc....it's ab-fab amazing.

 
At 1/14/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Lovely shots, m'dear....I love the top one. Nice work, Angus.

 
At 1/16/2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Delia Christina said...

welcome to chicago! drop me a line when you get here!

(oldboy was good!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home