src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

FYI.

Stick It is the funniest film I've seen in...weeks! Must add it to the list of DVDs I wish to own but never actually get around to buying. That Jessica Whatevsendinger has really done a fine job satirizing the world of female competitive sports. I cannot wait for her film about swimmers. I'm not saying it's already in the works, but you know it's coming. (Oh. well then her next film.) Or maybe the next one will be about ice skating. Hold the phone! That's been done, innit? What's left? I mean it would have to be commonly perceived as a fluffy or girly sport, be good for 90 minutes of sustainable laughs, and feature enough scantily-clad twenty-something women who look like teens to bring in the male demographic, too. Huh. I got nothin'. Anyway, Stick It. Good times. You should go. (Aside: Finally saw a preview for Tokyo Drift. Looks like crap. But can I just say: Wow. He filled out alright, didn't he? He's quite legal, but somehow I can't shake the image of him as that thick 'bama-accented skinny kid in Sling Blade and "American Gothic," so I still feel kinda dirty for finding him attractive now.)

7 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 03:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to go.

cannot. wait.

 
At 5/02/2006 09:06:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

MJ: Oh my god, you must go. I don't want to spoil it too much, but I will say this: If you liked Bring It On and/or movies with dance-offs and/or any hilarious teen movie involving troubled youths overcoming obstacles by virtue of leotard-encrusted moxie, it is so for you.

I really need to rent L4YER C4KE. Daniel Craig was edibly hot in that movie, and it was just slick as all hell.

Also? I think that look just might work for you, especially with your hotty new haircut.

Sovietski: OMG. You must go. I would lovelovelove to throw a bunch of choice quotes your way, but i will try to be good and not ruin it for everyone.

But I might name my first child Wei-Wei.

 
At 5/03/2006 03:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise to see it soon and we'll conference!!

 
At 5/03/2006 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Sov: K. Promise?!?! Excellent.

 
At 5/06/2006 11:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh. i tried to get eric to go to it last night and we ended up going to an american haunting.

which its suckiness will haunt me for a long time.

 
At 5/07/2006 05:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE: we *might* go see it tonight. per his suggestion. YAY!

 
At 5/08/2006 05:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh. yeah. we didn't go. my love for alcohol got in the way and we went to the bar instead of the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home