src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Fools who got my pressure up.

T-Mobile's rebate department. After waiting 2 months for my $50 phone rebate (for a phone that, though it does take pictures, tends to drop calls, get a screwed up, Etch-a-Sktch looking external display, and just stops getting reception at all if I take it below ground, even after I come back above ground, so I have to turn it off and back on again, but if you own a V300, you already know all this), they have just sent me a letter (in an unmarked, unremarkable, "this-is-probably-just-junk-mail" -looking envelope that doesn't say T-Mobile anywhere on the outside, so I almost threw it away, clever tricksters) saying I can't have the rebate because my phone number isn't valid. Oh really? Not valid, huh? Weeelllllllll, thanks for the heads up. I guess I can just stop paying my phone bill now. Why pay for a phone number that's invalid? Punks. Update: I just called and they said, oh, we forgot to enter the area code, sorry. Wait 6 more weeks. How in the hell do you forget to enter the damned area code? It's the first three numbers! Grr. CCS First National Card scam masters. These assmonkeys sent me an unsolicited, pre-approved $6,500 limit credit card. In an envelope that says, on the outside, "Credit Department. Attention: Your card has arrived and is ready for activation." Morons. The letter was already open when I received it, which has my paranoid little mind filled with scenes of me, years from now, trying to buy a house and discovering some heifer somewhere has already bought and defaulted on a house in my name, and that my credit is forever ruined. I tried to call the scamming bitches who sent the card (BTW, if you ever do get a card from these fools, cut it up and run. They have nearly a thousand complaints on file with the BBB), but nowhere, nowhere on their scam literature can one find a number that leads to a real, live person, so I can't call them to make sure no one has tried to get a card sent to another address. Any merchant that doesn't take Amex. Lookahere, genius. I have (rather, my company has) money. Money that you want. Why quibble about what the little plastic rectangle says on the front? It's still money. If you don't accept it, I have to go all the way back to work and either a) dig up some petty cash or b) get the official "for assmonkeys who don't take Amex Visa." Both of these scenarios reduce the likelihood of me returning and spending money with you at all. So take the goddamned Amex. People with no home training. Look, I know my place might look a bit chaotic to you. So? That doesn't mean you can a) throw shit on my floor. Doesn't matter that there's stuff down there already. I put it there, fool, it's my house. Didn't anybody ever teach you how to behave at somebody else's house? Or b) start moving things around to god knows where. I knew where everything was before you came over. Now I can't find half my shit. I had a system, dammit, a system you have gone and ruined! Okay, it's not really that deep, but I needed to get that off my chest. It makes me crazy when people do that. When I visit someone, I don't muck their house all up. Not because they've kept it neat and tidy and it doesn't deserve to be mucked up, but because my parents taught me to respect other people's homes. Why is that so hard to understand? I have to go Christmas shopping now, so I'm sure this list will grow. Happy Wednesday!

3 Comments:

At 12/22/2004 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I went through the same thing with Sprint and finally ended up getting my rebate a full 6 months after I had the phone. It's funny how a lot of companies do their best to discourage people from wasting their time on collecting - but I do. lol It becomes the PRINCIPAL of the matter, dammit!

I don't touch anything at someone's house and I don't open the fridge door, either.

 
At 12/22/2004 04:36:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

The mysterious credit card thing sounds scary!

Now I am trying to remember (other than the water spillage incident) if I left anything on the floor, moved any items or did anything silly when I visited. I'm sorry if it was me :/

 
At 12/22/2004 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

OMG, saffron, it was not you. Don't worry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home