src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Will someone kindly explain to me...

why all of Recipegoldmine.com's pancake recipes FEATURE FUCKING PANCAKE MIX? Hmmmmm? If I wanted to make my pancakes with pancake mix, I wouldn't bloody be looking for the bloody arsing recipe for pancakes, would I? Would I? Because pancake mixes usually include step-by-step directions on the back, don't they? And half the time all the tricky bits are included, correct? So all you're really giving us in the way of "pancake" recipes are recipes for toppings and fillings that any mouth-breather with a third grade reading level could probably figure out on his own if he really wanted it badly enough, aren't you? Take this recipe for apple cinnamon pancakes, for example: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes 1 apple, chopped 1/2 cup Hungry Jack pancake mix 1/3 cup milk 1 teaspoon cinnamon Mix ingredients together in medium-sized bowl. Pour batter into frying pan, and cook on both sides until golden brown. Jesus-jumping-Christ, how stupid is that? You think we can't figure out how to get the apples into the pancakes on our own? Is that why you won't tell us how to make pancakes without a mix? You think it's just too hard? Hmmm? Or are you not really the goldmine of recipes you claim to be? Perhaps you should change your URL to Recipegoldmineexceptforpancakerecipeswedon'thaveanyofthosereally.com! Oh my god, I cannot believe how worked up I've gotten over this. That is all.

4 Comments:

At 3/02/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I don't like the taste of pancake mix which is why I never make them. If you find a good recipe, let me know. And NOT at goldmine. ;)

 
At 3/03/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

girl, you are effin hi-larious. i tried to make pancakes from scratch once and failed horribly. i'm now trying to get my dad to give me his bomb-ass recipe for pancakes.

at any rate, you can find a slew of pancake recipes here , many without pancake mix in the recipe. :)

and here's a recipe for buttermilk pancakes with blueberry compote from bon appetit.

 
At 3/03/2005 09:32:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

Okay, I know who's house I will be eating at whenever I visit the NYC. I burn pop tarts.

 
At 3/04/2005 04:02:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

Oh yah, I hate those sites where they are trying to advertise products via a recipe. ESPECIALLY when they are American products, cause I just cant get them in friggen Australia can I???

So pancakes? Are we talking big and fluffy style? Then you need

Flour (half self raising half plain)
Milk (I use Skim)
Egg Whites
Ground Cinnamon (Optional)
Vanilla Powder (Optional)

So I don't really do measurements, but I am guessing if you follow a recipe for 2 - 4 people use the same and apply to these ingredients. With the addition of the secret weapon... well beaten egg whites for the fluffy experience.

Otherwise, if you are after crepes... check out Chocolate & Zucchini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home