src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm back.

Saw the fam on Friday night/Saturday, and managed to avoid weeping at inappropriate times. Worked Sunday and Monday, and managed to avoid weeping at inappropriate times. Somewhere in there, I had time to finally watch Mansquito, and my main reaction was this: "Has nobody heard of Off Skintastic? Avon Skin So Soft? Citronella candles, bitches? Raid, mofos?" Also, I now wish to start a band called Blood on the Disco Ball (said name is now my intellectual property. Yes, I did just claim "Blood on the Disco Ball" could be used in the same sentence as "intellectual."). I would be the lead kazooist, shouter and dancer, a la that Bostones dude. I am taking applications for the actual musical spots. Our first song, of course, will be my ode to Mansquito. Wish you to join, leave your details in the comments section. Watched Eddie Izzard's Glorious. I really do love him. And now I am tempted to respond "I'm covered in beeeeeeees!" whenever anyone asks after my wellbeing. That is all. Oh, also, barring any more urgently horrible news, I will probably still be hitting Chicago next week with TDMM. Anybody in the Chicago area still interested in meeting up during or after Blues Fest-ivities?

8 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I can, of course, play bass. But we'd only be able to practice every couple of months or so :)

 
At 5/31/2005 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I eagerly await your arrival. I have the dates circled on my calendar.

You think you didn't sleep last time...

 
At 5/31/2005 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Keidra: Who needs practice? Did you see the quality of the Mansquito song? Do you think any amount of practice will improve that? You're in.

Will: LOL @ playing coy. Sorry, my friend, but I am the only non-instrumentalist in the band. Now, if you could figure out how to get music out of koi, we might be on to something. If nothing else, you can do the, whatsitcalled, Harlem shake (?) while wearing bells.

Carlos: Yay! We'll buzz you when we get in. Are you planning on actually attending any of bluesfest, or you just in it for the dranks?

 
At 6/01/2005 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've got stuff to do that weekend, but most of it is fluff, so I'll be playing it by ear.

If you'll allow, I've got some other street festivals we should hit too.

BTW, I'm pretty sure "bluesfest" and "in it for the dranks" are one and the same.

 
At 6/01/2005 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Which weekend? I would love to, but I think the next two weekends are shite for me. Dammit. Because I was looking forward to meeting ya.

 
At 6/01/2005 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Hey Viv, I'll be in chicago from next thursday (june 9) to next, uh, well, the 12th. No chance to meet up? Boooo! I wanted to meet you too. Eh, there will be other opportunities. GOd knows I'm always looking for reasons to flee NYC!

 
At 6/02/2005 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Wait the 9-12th? I might be free then. I was looking at the wrong month on the calendar. But I need to let Keidra know that I might camp out on her couch *grin*.

 
At 6/03/2005 04:38:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Yeah, Viv. You know that you are always free to crash on my counch, and let's definitely meet up, Sid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home