src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, May 14, 2005

LAYER CAKE! LAYER CAKE!

Keidra, three days ago: I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA BROWNIE! Brownies are good. But not as delicious as LAYER CAKE! Okay, sorry Keidra, I couldn't think of anything else to start with, and all through the movie I kept thinking I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA LAYER CAKE! I WANNA DANIEL CRAIG!) Dude. Hush. I enjoy saying "Dude." Let me first point out that, generally speaking, I'm just not into blonds. Well, natural blonds, anyway. I can find them charming, but I don't look at blonds and go, oooooooooh, hot, I want. They just don't do it for me. And a while back, when it was rumored that blondie Daniel Craig could be the next Bond, I saw some stills of him and I was skeptical. Not that I could give two poots who's the next Bond, but. You know. I didn't see it. Well, I ain't skeptical no more. Because that man is hot as a muhfuggah. He's not purty, I don't think, but he's hot. As a muhfuggah. He's ideally built: tall, long-limbed, well-but-not-too-heavily muscled. I would pay money to be allowed to lick his forearms, just a little. Double rate if I'd get to bite. Oh, I'm sorry, this was supposed to be about Layer Cake. It's like this: I like Brit crime/action/gangster films. A lot. Even when they're not that great. But this was great--solid filmmaking, moody, striking, meaty, loved the cast, the soundtrack, the pacing. I just might see it again later this week. There, film covered, now back to Mr. Craig. Or not. You know, I had to look very hard to find a photo of this guy that didn't make me go, "Uh, and what was it I saw in him again?" Hm. I guess you had to be there. So go watch it.

4 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 01:32:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

Sorry Sid, still not seeing the appeal -- and I find Robert Carlyle hot. But I'm working off of pictures and not seeing the man act. Maybe his charisma is something I need to see in action.

 
At 5/15/2005 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Viv, the scary thing is, I don't see the appeal now, either. But onscreen....I dunno. I love that you find RC hot, though. He's a great actor.

 
At 5/15/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I really do want to see this movie. I'm still skeptical about Daniel Craig as Bond, cause I'm not seeing Teh Sexy either. But I didn't get Clive Owen till I saw Sin City, so I'm keeping an open mind.

 
At 5/23/2005 02:03:00 AM, Blogger Delia Christina said...

i am with you on this one.
he is the 'scary looking white man' for whom i have an unerring weakness.

pretty boys? bland.
scary dudes? hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home