src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, May 14, 2005

LAYER CAKE! LAYER CAKE!

Keidra, three days ago: I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA BROWNIE! Brownies are good. But not as delicious as LAYER CAKE! Okay, sorry Keidra, I couldn't think of anything else to start with, and all through the movie I kept thinking I WANNA BROWNIE! I WANNA LAYER CAKE! I WANNA DANIEL CRAIG!) Dude. Hush. I enjoy saying "Dude." Let me first point out that, generally speaking, I'm just not into blonds. Well, natural blonds, anyway. I can find them charming, but I don't look at blonds and go, oooooooooh, hot, I want. They just don't do it for me. And a while back, when it was rumored that blondie Daniel Craig could be the next Bond, I saw some stills of him and I was skeptical. Not that I could give two poots who's the next Bond, but. You know. I didn't see it. Well, I ain't skeptical no more. Because that man is hot as a muhfuggah. He's not purty, I don't think, but he's hot. As a muhfuggah. He's ideally built: tall, long-limbed, well-but-not-too-heavily muscled. I would pay money to be allowed to lick his forearms, just a little. Double rate if I'd get to bite. Oh, I'm sorry, this was supposed to be about Layer Cake. It's like this: I like Brit crime/action/gangster films. A lot. Even when they're not that great. But this was great--solid filmmaking, moody, striking, meaty, loved the cast, the soundtrack, the pacing. I just might see it again later this week. There, film covered, now back to Mr. Craig. Or not. You know, I had to look very hard to find a photo of this guy that didn't make me go, "Uh, and what was it I saw in him again?" Hm. I guess you had to be there. So go watch it.

5 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 01:32:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

Sorry Sid, still not seeing the appeal -- and I find Robert Carlyle hot. But I'm working off of pictures and not seeing the man act. Maybe his charisma is something I need to see in action.

 
At 5/15/2005 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Viv, the scary thing is, I don't see the appeal now, either. But onscreen....I dunno. I love that you find RC hot, though. He's a great actor.

 
At 5/15/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I really do want to see this movie. I'm still skeptical about Daniel Craig as Bond, cause I'm not seeing Teh Sexy either. But I didn't get Clive Owen till I saw Sin City, so I'm keeping an open mind.

 
At 5/16/2005 03:26:00 AM, Blogger bobbie said...

Daniel Craig is hot when he's acting, when he's been Daniel Craig he's not. Thats the worst thing. You tell your friends how hot he is, they don't believe you, then they watch him on screen and see what you mean....

 
At 5/23/2005 02:03:00 AM, Blogger ding said...

i am with you on this one.
he is the 'scary looking white man' for whom i have an unerring weakness.

pretty boys? bland.
scary dudes? hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home