src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Old people say the darndest things!

So I'm talking to a lady who is in her sixties but who looks really good for her age. I tell her I thought she was in her forties, at most, and she laughs and says she has a daughter in her forties. This is where it all goes horribly fucking hilariously to hell. "My daughter, she's like you," she says. "People think I am the daughter and she is the mother!" Me, half smiling, blank stare, thinking, "Huh?" She clarifies: "She's big, doesn't take care of herself." Me: *blink, blink, blink* Sigh. Part of the problem with having been enormously fat and having lost an ass of weight is that you think of your accomplishments and know what has gone into who you are now, while all other people see is someone who is still fat. Also, how do you insult someone who has just complimented you? *eyeroll* Maybe she didn't see it as a compliment, lol. I wonder what she'd have said if she'd known I spend at least five days a week in the gym, have an anger management problem, and could literally bench press her ass? >:}

7 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 04:31:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Girl, I know what you mean. I've experienced the same thing. What gives them the right? Age doesn't mean they are exempt from having decorum! Also, I remember blogging about someone who I complimented and they came at me with some mess like that. They have issues. Chalk it up and continue applauding yourself for what you have accomplished. Eff 'em!

 
At 6/28/2005 04:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...you killed me on the bench pressing her.

I hate when people feel that because you are fat you don't take care of yourself. What kind of rational is that??? Pish-posh

 
At 6/28/2005 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Holy hell! Where did you meet this woman? I can't believe someone could say something like that to another. Ugh. And I'd be so mad since I had complimented her!

 
At 6/28/2005 07:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, ok that was just RUDE of her!! Darn old hag....the NERVE!! Hmph.

 
At 6/29/2005 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Yeah, I've had to outright tell one woman to stop trying to tell me what I could eat. And then she came at me with a line about how she didn't like what I was eating and how I'd be so pretty if I lost weight and on and on, and just really didn't get the "shut up, I didn't ask your opinion on this" hint, which wasn't a hint, since it was me saying, listen, I'm an adult and I work out and you are not my mother so cut that shit out. And she was only in her forties. Both women are immigrants, though, and have that weird old-world rudeness, if you know what I mean. They don't seem to deal in American politeness.

 
At 6/30/2005 02:04:00 AM, Blogger chantedx said...

She has lived long enough to KNOW who she is;she is being who she is, living in her truth!

 
At 7/02/2005 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely rude, and you should have called her on it. Old or not, she needs to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home