src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Well, that was a long-ass week.

I worked a lot this last week. How much, you ask? A lot. Let's break it down in terms of numbers, shall we? In the last week I... ...slept an average of 5 hours per night. ...lost 4 pounds. During my period. Without ever stepping foot in a gym. ...earned $400 more than I earned in the previous two weeks. Combined. ...only read one book. ...averaged 20 minutes between getting home (when I did actually get home) and falling asleep. ...showered, I am ashamed to admit, only about 5 times. ...have not combed my hair. Not once. At one point, I finally resorted to one jank-ass ponytail. My hair is weeping. ...have not even looked at my own blog, let alone anyone else's. Not once. ...was off--totally off--work for only 46 hours. In 7 days. Now do the sleep-time math. This 46 hours actually includes the couple of nights I actually slept at work, so I feel like I should deduct about 10 hours from that, even. And I missed the departure of my brother and the visit of AZ blogger extraordinaire Mary, not even a phonecall, and I was so beat I didn't even realize it until just now. I never want to do that again, in my life, ever. Never. Ever. Seriously. Never. I think it's time for a vacation. This whole week has bred some truly bizarre-yet-possibly-genius plans for me, and I think now is the time to execute them. But first...I need to get some sleep.

6 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 11:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! At least you are okay. If figured you were busy. Glad you are back. Now, on to our little get together....

 
At 8/22/2005 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

It's okay, another reason to come back! I knew you must be beat down with work seeing how long it had been since you updated. R drove by a Ruby Foo's tonight and I almost had him run into a NYC copper when I yelled, "SID GOES THERE!!!!" LOL

 
At 8/22/2005 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Wait--YOU'RE STILL HERE???

WHEN DO YOU LEAVE?

GAH!

MUST...EAT...SUSHI...WITH...MARY...and...BERRY!

 
At 8/22/2005 08:53:00 AM, Blogger divine m said...

Very curious about the bizarre-genius plans you've concocted. But I hope they don't include the use of guns and/or bows and arrows. . . .

SO glad you're back, lady!

 
At 8/22/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I'm just glad you're OK! Get some sleep! Eat! Party! Then sleep some more!

 
At 8/26/2005 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Monday was my last day unfortunately. Not my day home, as you heard but the day I left NY. *snort* Anyhow, I definitely want to come back in the next couple of months so hopefully we'll get to have that damn sushi! Or at least some edamame! Some dim sum, sumthin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home