src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Rough week to be famous. Or even semi-famous. Or a cop.

Bye bye, Richard. I hardly knew ye, but you left one hell of a legacy. Lillo, I'm sure this was not the way you imagined you'd make the front page of the NYT when you got that lucky break over a decade ago. Now you're an assistant cop-killer.* Yikes. *I am constantly amazed anyone ever decides to be a cop. And now 2 NYC cops are dead in a month.

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2005 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!!!

Sure I, like everyone else, read about this story in the newspaper *BUT* somehow I missed the fact that Lillo was involved.

I remember that guy. He was GREAT in Bronx Tale, it's one of my favorite movies. I know he's been in a billion things since then, but my other "favorite movie" in which he appears is Crimson Tide.

Wow! Un-fucking-believeable. Really, I'm in shock. I guess the world can (or does) change on a dime, huh? Wow ... :(

 
At 12/11/2005 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Weird, innit? I had a crush on him for ten minutes back in the day. I dunno why this one was so surprising; plenty of celebrities are also criminals. Heck, you could argue that the kind of issues that can create the celebrity persona are the same that contribute to criminal behavior. *shrugs*

 
At 12/12/2005 12:59:00 PM, Blogger girlhattan said...

um, i still sort of have a crush on him. in fact, i friendster-stalked him earlier this year. (yes, he has a profile).

 
At 12/12/2005 06:49:00 PM, Blogger melyssa said...

we've lost a lot of good people this year (richard pryor).

we lost a cop in dallas and one in fort worth within weeks of one another two weeks ago. very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home