src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh my gawd, y'all, I had another whole real, live weekend!

Sort of. Actually, I did work Saturday and Sunday, but only for a few hours each day. Which means I had the evenings free for actual fun things! Saturday I tagged along with the lovely and talented Girlhattan to a rockstar karaoke party. The Girlhattan can sang, damnit. I cannot. I don't sing. Certainly not in public. Hell, I only dance in the shower, and there's usually nobody in there with me to hear how poorly I sing if I did. So. Yeah, no Britney-belting for me. Later I slipped out to see BFF briefly, for she was in town for the weekend to see her sister. Sunday I...lessee...worked at the asscrack of dawn. Then I took a very long nap, got up in the late afternoon, made a brief, failed foray into shopping for various loved ones' birthdays and upcoming Hallmark holidays, and then said balls to all that in favor of seeing The Lieutenant of Inishmore. If I regret anything when I leave New York, it will be not having seen more theater. I love theater. I used to work as an usher just so I could watch the performances for free. (Okay, and to pay for books, but really, you can't buy all that many books on $6.70 an hour.) I believe Inishmore may be the first live production I've seen since I moved here almost two years ago. Unacceptable. Anyway, Inishmore. It just opened last Wednesday, and stars my favorite fuck-up from Intermission. It is hilarious. Gory, but absolutely hilarious, clever, well-acted and marvelously produced. I'd see it again if it wouldn't set me back another $50. And then I ended the evening with some middling-quality pad thai and a fizzy drink. Yay, me. Happy times. Oh, except for this: I have been to three Duane Reads today and there was nary a box of Claritin to be found. Seriously. Not one. I got lucky and found a single box of DR generic left on the shelf of the last one I visited. People in this town allergic, much? Jeebus.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Never even had allergies until I moved to NYC...thought I had the damn flu. "No, no, it's probably allergies"... "Bud-da, I've neveer had them"

I think....I'm just allergic to New York City!
hahahaha

 
At 5/08/2006 11:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's been in the news that this is the worst year for allergies in NY yet. People who have never had them before have developed them this year. I found some without a problem but then again we are in different areas. I tried the Target brand and although it is supposed to the be the same it isn't. Name brand is the bomb although allergies were so bad even it was fighting to keep the symptoms at bay.
-Berry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home