src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A sampling of romantic overtures from my Myspace inbox.

"Just when i thought id had seen it all our paths crossed and met and i knew from the first glance that U would be hard 2 4 get. your eyes attracted me first lets exchange numbers so we can get to no each other... " Okay, yep. I'll get right on sending you my number, random boychild I have never met before, contrart to your assertion above. Just as soon as I finish dry heaving. What? I'm allergic to illiteracy. "Hi my name is XXX iam a chef I DON'T WERE A SUIT BUT IAM A PROFESSIONAL MAN AND I NO HOW TO TREAT A LADY ,Iam not married or have kids iam 33 with no issues. I love to cook at home go out to dinner and do drinks with friends just looking for some one to hang out with and just lay back with a glass of wine..." Just...you know, this really makes me sad. It isn't funny. It's just depressing. Started dating some folks from the Internets. Not these guys, clearly. We'll see how it goes. Hey look: pasta!

5 Comments:

At 7/08/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

So he's a "professional man!? As opposed to those amateur men out there...

Gotta love the Internets...

*sigh*

 
At 7/08/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

I'm so very glad you ladies are taking on the 'nets dating for me--I just don't have the chops for it right now. I'd be sending replies like "when you get done with your freshman grammar studies get back to me" or "how many years of schooling did it take to become a professional man? and is that a bachelor's program or did you earn the PhD in that?"

But that linguine makes up for any stupidity of any man around-DAYAM!

 
At 7/09/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Good fucking grief. Isn't a date like a job interview? Would you use that kind of grammar in a job interview?

I weep for humanity. If the stupidity continues, smart people will be extinct in a few years because of grammar like this.

And how does one become a "professional" man? Is there a college course?

 
At 7/09/2006 06:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been a regular reader of your blog, via thisblackgirlreads.
as for creepy myspace bizness, if you set your age to 14, you can make your profile restricted so only your "friends" can see it or message you. but i can see how comedy from those wannabe players can spruce up a boring day!
the ruth reichl book made me wanna abandon my dream of being a secret shopper and instead become a food critic.

 
At 7/11/2006 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

"I'm allergic to illiteracy". I LOVE it!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home