src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, January 26, 2006

OhmygodIfuckingHATENewYork.

So...I just did a run through of my tax situation. Last year I paid out about $11,000 in all taxes--federal, state, local, SS and Medicare. As this is a rather significant chunk of my salary, I just knew I'd be getting a hefty refund this year. I mean, seriously. And yet I find I'll owe, net, about another $200 to The Man. Son of a bitch. I'll be fucking giddy when I move to Chicago. Of course, I'll have spent another half year in this soul-sucking vortex of despair before I go, so I'll have the pleasure of watching my wallet be ass...aulted by this city again next year, too. But still, I am so out of here. I hate being broke. And yet I'm trying to move into an industry where my GROSS starting salary, if I'm lucky, will be less than my after-tax income for 2005 at my current job. My monthly student loan burden is about the cost of a studio in a decent Chicago nabe, and of course I'll have to actually pay for a studio in a decent Chicago nabe, plus utilities, food, entertainment expenses... Fuck me. But I predict Chicago will do wonders for my diet. Because I'll be goddamned if I give up my Pumas and shiny things! Argh! *fetal ball, incoherent muttering*

3 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 10:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you need my tax man...I never pay.

 
At 1/27/2006 01:41:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I *HATE* being poor, too. Chicago is sooooo much cheaper than New York. About this "diet" thing ... you do know that Chicago has some of the best food on earth, right?

 
At 1/27/2006 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am waiting for my W-2 from louisiana so i can see if i will actually get some money back. i figure the government owes me something for moving to the biggest red state in the union.

literally and figuratively.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home