src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh, l'amour.

You know, Valentines Day is fast approaching. Do you know what shoes you're going to wear? Might I make a few suggestions? No date, dinner with the girls: Delman Shoes "Wrap" These flats are darling, aren't they? Perfect for a quiet, girls-only dinner. (Admirably stylish, which says "We're worth dressing up for by ourselves, we don't need any commercially-driven holiday foolishness to go out and be the single, wonderful women we are!" yet they're flats, so when you stumble home after that fifth "Men are bastards anyway, Philip was a bastard, oooooh, I should call that bastard right now and tell him what I think of him" martini, you won't break an ankle.) No date, plan to have one by the end of the night: The Manolo's "Filippona" I don't think these need any elaboration, do you? Big Date: Delman Shoes "Yvonne" The lipstick-red suede and kinky crisscrossed straps say "Fuck me!" but the sweet rounded toe says "But first, take me home to meet Mom." And the heel is just demure enough to keep you balanced on that ridiculous romantic tightrope. I love shoes. So. Y'all got plans? Personally, I'm thinking of spending that day shooting at West Side Pistol and drinking all the sangritinis I can stomach over at Pastis. I'll probably just wear my red/red Pumas. Eh, I got a little time to polish that plan up, y'know?

7 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 01:02:00 AM, Blogger Fresh said...

Ok, I can get with pair #2. That's hot!

 
At 1/24/2006 06:29:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

i'm tossing up between 1 and 3 ... and then the poomas. hmmmm. heck being with someone doesnt guarantee any "love" on v-day, so i'll take the 3 - all the help i can get LOL

 
At 1/24/2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

I love, love love shoes #1 and #3 (though the heel on that last one would make me fall on my face, which isn't really a very fuckworthy pose).

I shalt be doing nuttin' on the VD, even when in a relationship I try my damnedest not to celebrate it.

 
At 1/24/2006 06:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quietly, haven't you ever heard the lyric: face down a** up/that's the way we like to f***. :)

 
At 1/24/2006 07:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another day...

 
At 1/24/2006 11:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to wear those shoes!

 
At 1/25/2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Sov, honey, I want you to wear them, too! But that's a whole 'nother blog.

But you make a fabulous point. Men have feet. Men need V day shoes, too. I'm on it...

is it wrong that i'm bitter i have to word-verify for my own blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home