src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Kwanzaa Man, coming soon to a driveway near you.

I guess it's a start. But I really don't think we need to Sharptonize Kwanzaa. I mean, how much legitimacy can be given a holiday where the personification is a Shaft lookalike, and the sidekicks have names like Diz Bop? I mean, yes, Christmas features some ridiculous isht--hello, claymation reindeer with glowing noses, little people in tights and pointy caps and C-list celebrity Christmas albums--but we worked up to that, didn't we? Well, at least Kwanzaa man doesn't drive an Escalade with gold rims. Yet.

5 Comments:

At 12/26/2004 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Just so you know, I ain't hatin' on Kwanzaa. After all, I will be partying on Thursday like it's my birthday, cuz that's MY day...oh, whatever, happy kwanzaa.

 
At 12/29/2004 05:21:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Happy Kwanzaa... and really is it your birthday!!??!!

 
At 12/29/2004 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

Happy Kwanzaa, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!

 
At 12/30/2004 02:03:00 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

Happy Kwanzaa!!! Happy New Year!!

 
At 12/30/2004 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Happy New Year from the road. Also, it isn't my birthday, but it is MY day. Saff, you should be able to understand why teehee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home